Welcome to My Personal Page
I have been a Board Member of the Windsor Cancer Centre Foundation for the past 2 years. During that time, I have learned so much about what the Foundation does for those afflicted with Cancer in Windsor/Essex. I'm very proud to be a part of it and I have joined Grow On in hopes of providing additional support to the Foundation to assist them in meeting their Fundraising goals.
The Foundation has been responsible in providing The Windsor Cancer Centre funding to allow them to purchase much needed equipment for the Centre. Most of the equipment that has been purchased here in Windsor has allowed local cancer patients to be treated here locally instead of them having to travel to London, Hamilton, Toronto or the US while battling their cancer. You can not put a price tag on the ability to stay local and to return to your home each day after treatments.
I have listed just some examples of the equipment the Foundation has been able to fund for the Centre.
- Brachytherapy Equipment – used for internal radiation therapy for prostate cancer patients ($171,295)
- Radiation Treatment Immobilization System – delivers a high dose of radiation in a small number of treatments ($80,000)
- Tissue Processor – enables sectioning of tissue without damage or distortion ($63, 900)
- Auto Microtome – helps to preserve tissue during prostate biopsies ($38,500)
- Endobronchial Ultrasound (EBUS) Machine – helps diagnose lung cancer ($350,000)
I'm inspired by Houida Kassem, the Executive Director of the Foundation and her incredible team.
I am asking for your support this year and in considering my request, I would like to point out 2 important factors.
I'm not rappelling down a building this year for Make a Wish, so perhaps you could make a $10 or $20 donation to The Windsor Cancer Centre Foundation.
All the money raised by the Grow On Campaign stays right here in Windsor/Essex and may indeed assist one of your friends, associates or loved ones who are battling cancer.
I ask that you consider my request and play a role in helping me hit or exceed my Fundraising Goal of $2500.00
Thanks so much
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.